Thursday, August 2, 2007

Creation

So if you accept evolution, but not Intelligent Design, how do you reconcile that with faith?

Faith is something you accept without needing proof. To someone completely materialistic, that of course is a fallacy. Yet, I accept faith. I accept it because I accept creation. I look at the universe, and simply accept that it is, that I am, and that God created all of it. I do not dwell on why it was created, only that it is.

In his book, Crossing the Threshold of Hope, Pope John Paul II talked about "the joy of creation" as a good in and of itself. It is good that the universe exists. It is good that I exist. Existence itself is reason to exist.

But the why and how of creation are secondary to the salvation and redemption. For as Pope John Paul II wrote, the joy of creation itself leads to the joy of salvation, and thence to the joy of redemption.

So I simply accept and embrace my existance, with the belief that somehow, someway, God created it all.

No comments: