Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Another quote I really like

"I am now a fundamentalist American; give me time and I will tell you why individualism, laissez faire and the slightly restrained anarchy of capitalism offer the best opportunities for the development of the human spirit. Also I will tell you why the relative freedom of human spirit is better -- and more productive, even in material ways -- than the communist, Fascist, or any other rigidity organized for material ends." -- Rose Wilder Lane.

Rose Wilder Lane was the daughter of the Laura Ingalls Wilder of "Little House" fame (and if you believe some people, the real author of the "Little House" books). Her belief in freedom was forged in her hardscrabble childhood, and reinforced by what she saw of the Soviet Union as a journalist, and by the rise of fascism.

No comments: