In the last few days, we have seen:
- War in Gaza
- A North Korean general on TV threatening the South
- Rumors of Somali terrorists in the US trying to disrupt the inauguration
- Hugo Chavez talking about Obama's "stench" (seriously, this guy should be a comedian, with oil now trading in the $30s, he may be due for a new career soon)
- Someone claiming to be Osama bin Laden releases a tape threatening Obama (I think OBL is dead, but the threat of al-Qaeda remains)
- Iranian rent a mobs setting fire to pictures of Obama and signing up for martyrdom operations
- Rumors that Saudis are in talks with Pakistan to buy nuclear weapons to counteract the threat of Iran's nuclear program (this has been floating around for years)
- The UK threatening to nationalize its banks.
And let's not forget the day after Obama's election, the Russians announced they were moving nuclear missiles to Kalingrad and the ongoing economic crisis.
Why does ANYONE want this job?My personal safety and prosperity depends much upon what that one man does (too much on one man under my philosophy, but that is a discussion for another day). And he bears a heavy burden. So I pray for him.