Thursday, March 6, 2008

Eh Cumpari!

It is coming up on the anniversary of my parents' deaths. They were so close to each other that they died on the same day, one year apart. I have always found some strange comfort in that.

This month is will be four years since my father died, and three since my mother died. I have been thinking about them a lot the past few days. Happily, mostly it has been good thoughts!

This song reminds me of being little, running around the yard at my Aunt Frances's house in Brooklyn, while old Italian songs played on the phonograph. Outside, it was the Feast of San Paulinus, the 5th Century bishop of Nola, the city my mother's family came from. So while this song has been stuck in my head for about a week, it is a good and happy memory.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(*TWO-HAND DOUBLE FINGER SNAPS TO THE MUSIC*)

Very nice, Anthony! Sentimentality is indeed a strength, not a weakness.

BILL

Anthony said...

What really got me was the etch-a-stech. Someone spend a lot of time working on that.