Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Looking Around the Neighborhood

I live in a fairly liberal upper middle class neighborhood. It is the kind of place where adults attend children's birthday parties wearing Obama tee shirts. You notice things around here. Obviously, every other car it seems has an Obama sticker on it. I especially love the big SUVs and minivans decrying an oil war. Living near a university campus, I see lots of Ron Paul stickers.

There is one house in my neighborhood with a "Hillary for President" sign in the window. This house also sports (in another window) an etching of Elvis Presley on glass. This morning I noticed that next to the Hillary poster, there is a lifelike bust of Elvis in the window.

I am sure it means something, but I fear what that answer will be.

3 comments:

Rodak said...

I live in a fairly liberal upper middle class neighborhood.

Translation: I'm a rich yuppie and you're not.

It is the kind of place where adults attend children's birthday parties wearing Obama tee shirts.

Translation: I'm surrounded by friggin' liberals!

You notice things around here.

Translation: The neighborhood is going to hell. It's time to think about moving on.

I am sure it means something, but I fear what that answer will be.

Translation: God help us, it's Hiillary or Bust!

Anthony said...

I am 40 now -- I have a hard time thinking of myself as young anymore.

As for being a yuppie -- I have a hard time accepting that. My parents were just goombahs from Brooklyn who worked their tail off to buy a house in the suburbs.

>God help us, it's Hiillary or Bust!


I knew I feared the answer! Get Ann Althouse on the line -- she is the expert in Hillary's bust.

Rodak said...

Anthony, Anthony, Anthony...believe me: forty is young!