Wednesday, March 26, 2008

How to Make a Meat Pie

As requested, I would like to say how my wife made the meat pie. She started with a basic Pizza Rustica recipe like this one. But as with all Italian food, you then improvised. As I was making a spinach pie, she left out the spinach. She is not crazy about ricotta, so she cut down on the ricotta and added more egg. Besides sausage and prosciutto, add some ham cappicola and peperoni (not the small ones you see on pizza but the large real one). Then cook.

One thing she did was she cooked it most of the way through, set it then sit for a while, then put it back in right before eating.

I love being Italian. And for a non-Italian, my wife is really good at cooking Italian food. It is little wonder that she had the babies but I have gained all the weight!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you and your wife, Anthony! (*GRIN*) (*WINK*)

My doctor recommends I increase my cholesterol intake (I pay him double co-pays for recommendations like this!) and meat and cheese pies sound like a damn fine prescription.

BILL

Anthony said...

Just doing my part to help the solvency of the Social Security trust fund!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Ha! That's funny! I have a similar theory concerning folks who smoke!

BILL